Today Easton has offered for pre-sale the return of the “Green Easton,” the B5 Pro Big Barrel -3 BBCOR bat. A legendary name in college baseball circles, the “Green Easton” was THE metal bat to swing back in the late 70s and 80s, when legends like Bo Jackson, Tony Gwynn, Barry Larkin, Paul O’Neill, and even John Elway (above) were coming up.
Easton stayed beautifully true to the original, and when we unboxed it this past weekend, we all immediately loved the look.
It was also LOUD, especially when Scott “Tank” Kalush was swinging it.
Here’s a few throwbacks that show the heritage of the Green Easton:
Here are the specs for the new version on pre-sale, ships on 10/1:
- B5 Pro Big Barrel™ -3
- 1-PIECE ALUMINUM
- A112 986
- SIZES: 30/27 31/28 32/29 33/30 34/31
- ATAC Alloy – The most premium alloy in Easton’s product line, allows for the thinnest alloy walls in order to maximize barrel performance
- Ringless barrel design that utilizes different layers of alloy across the barrel, in order to create an even bigger sweet spot and smoother feel on a 1-piece aluminum bat
- Extra-Stiff ATAC Alloy handle was built for maximum energy transfer. With a more professional feel and performance.
- VRS™ handle insert reinforces the handle to reduce vibration and create an even more solid feel
- Speed Cap™ provides a more flexible and responsive barrel
- Natural Pro Balance swing weight results in a balanced feel for both speed and power
- Premium grip provides the ultimate combination of cushion and tack, for pure performance
- Certification: BBCOR
Order the B5 Pro Big Barrel -3 BBCOR now at Easton.com.
And here’s three good drills to help trigger your swing: