The only model number ever retired by Louisville Slugger. Jeter’s own model had the old Louisville Slugger markings rather than their new branding, which Slugger does for their top guys. Measurements: 34 inch, 32 oz. You can tell by the grains that Jeter’s bat was an Ash. To quote a very informative article by woodbat.org: “White ash (Fraxinus americana) is a ring-porous species, which means that in each year of growth, there are clear concentrations of large earlywood cells, and then an abrupt transition to smaller latewood cells.” Those pores that you can see with your own eyes give Ash less density and more flex than a Maple. The Ash complimented Jeter’s abilities. Its lighter, giving him a quicker swing so he could stay on a pitch for longer, and because of the flex he was able to poke those outside pitches an instant before they dove out of the zone. Jeter’s not the only 3000 hit club member to use the P72. Can you guess the other two? Read this for the answer.
WPW is user-supported. When you shop through our links, we may earn money.
- Shohei Ohtani’s Asics Gold Stage Birch Bat
- Trea Turner’s Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRONP5 Glove
- Shohei Ohtani’s Asics Gold Stage Glove (2022)
- Jalen Ramsey's BadAss Masks Custom Facemask
- Mookie Betts' Jordan Sliding Mitt
- Mookie Betts' Jordan Batter's Leg and Elbow Guard
- Yadier Molina’s Jordan Catchers Gear (Chest Protector, Shin Guards)
- Javier Baez’ Rawlings Pro Preferred PROSCS5-6KB Glove
- Justin Jefferson's Under Armour Spotlight 2022 Cleats
- Ronald Acuña Jr.'s Nike Alpha Huarache Elite 3 Mid Cleats
- Michael Jordan Flies By Shaq For Smooth Reverse Layup in the Nike Air Flight One Shoes
- Michael Jordan Wins 1987 Slam Dunk Contest in the Air Jordan 2 Shoes
- Kahwi Leonard Drops Maxi Kleber with Poster Dunk in the New Balance The KAWHI 1 Shoes
- Steph Curry Drops 33 in 2nd Half Vs. Rockets Wearing the Under Armour Curry 1 Shoes
- Lindor Returns in the Cypher 12 with Built-In Stirrups!
- Ja Morant Posts First Triple Double in the Nike Kyrie 5 Shoes
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Drops 50 in Championship Win Wearing the Nike Zoom Freak 2 Shoes
- Michael Jordan Puts Up Career-High 69 Points on Cavaliers in the Air Jordan 5 Shoes
- Ronald Acuña Jr. Joins the 30-30 Club in New Balance 4040v5, Slugger Bat
- Ja Morant Throws Down 360 Dunk in the Nike Adapt BB 2.0 Shoes
- Ranking all 20 World Baseball Classic Uniforms (Even Great Britain)
- Shohei Ohtani Wearing New Balance Glove with New Balance 574 Cleats Dropping Friday
- What Gloves Do MLB Players Wear? Here's the Baseball Glove Brands and Webs Worn by MLB Starters in 2022
- The Best Infield Gloves for Every Budget | Under $100, $200, $300, & "Money is No Object"
- Cold-Weather Baseball Gear: 6 Products that Help Pros Stay Warm and Perform
- What Gear Do MLB Catchers Wear? Here's Your 2022 Catcher's Gear Report
- 365 Day Performance Review: 44 Pro Custom Glove
- Baseball Glove Length Guide: The Right-Sized Glove for Infielders (2022)
- Top 5 Helmets Rated by the NFL & NFLPA
- How to Break in a Baseball Glove | Do's and Don'ts of the Break In Process
Follow What Pros Wear
Get Swag Updates
New 🔥 + Weekly Top 3 in your inbox.
Feel free to opt out or contact us at any time