Just came across Baseball Express’ new Rawlings custom glove builder today and I am seriously impressed with it. Just spent a good hour trying it out and here are the key takeaways:
- Tons of colors, especially with Heart of the Hide leather, though you can customize a Pro Preferred, too.
- Total freedom with respect to pattern and colors.
- The coolest thing for me is that you can replace the Rawlings script on the index finger with a flag of your choice (tons of choices) and you can even replace the “R” on the thumb with your number, though I feel like that’s sacrilegious.
- $319.99 for the HOH Cal-inspired beauty I created
- $419.99 for custom Pro Preferred leather
Rawlings has finally figured it out (its about time!) and has done a very nice job with it. Go ahead and give it a shot and tweet or Instagram your design. I love seeing what you guys come up with. And after you’re done playing around with it, I am curious to know: now that Rawlings has a legitimate option, which custom glove would you be more likely to buy?