New Balance tells us that these are Dustin Pedroia’s new home 4040v2s. He has not worn them yet, and this is the first time anyone has seen them. Look for these in Game 6 in Boston on Saturday! (If you haven’t already, read all about Pedroia in our recent interview with the New Balance baseball team.)
In related NB news, we’ll be picking three winners on Sunday for our 4040v2 Turf giveaway. I’ve seen some good entries but the contest is FAR from over. Have a little fun with it and you’ve got a pretty good shot at rocking these in your winter workouts. Follow the instructions below and get your entries in by Sunday at 9 PM eastern time (6 on the west coast).
Here’s how to enter:
- Show WPW how you practice in the WORST in order to win the BEST. The 4040v2’s ProBalance promotes the best way to practice, so to win a pair, we’ll need to see why you desperately need an adjustment in your practice footwear. Batting practice in high heels? Fly balls on a skateboard? Use your imagination and don’t be afraid to throw us a curveball!
- Post it to Instagram or Twitter with a great caption and include our Instagram handle, @whatproswear, and the hashtag #4040v2Giveaway. The most creative/most ridiculous/funniest entries will win.
- We’ll pick three of our favorites and announce the winners on October 20th. (Odds are pretty good, people!)
- Don’t forget to include our handle (@whatproswear) and the #4040v2Giveaway hashtag to qualify. Otherwise, you’re not eligible, no matter how funny you are.
- Most importantly, DON’T HURT YOURSELF! (Seriously though, WPW assumes no responsiblity for any injuries you might end up with as a result of this contest, so please be smart.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure your Instagram/Twitter account is NOT PRIVATE. We’ve noticed some private accounts are entering and we cannot see those entries!